The manager of any organization has to be cable of handling a wide range of responsibilities whilst motivating a high performance as well as ensuring employee satisfaction within his group. There are 5 things to remember as an individual in charge and these include the following:
- Try to present your employees with a clear sense of where the company is going and why.
- Be certain to provide them with the necessary resources to get their job done.
- Focus your attention on their personal and professional needs and supply assignments that will satisfy these needs, this can prove to be a challenging task, but not impossible.
- Arrange formal and informal meetings to give them feedback and updates on what’s going on within the company and recognise their contributions in front of them.
- Be available to them when they need you, but try to stay out of the way as to not intimidate them, a manager constantly looking over your shoulder or analysing your every move can be very detrimental for your productivity.