FLC is specifically designed for ABET / AET (NQF 1) learners into the “What next?” phase and also for current employees who need to improve their basic skills.
- The FLC is an option for your employees after ABET / AET. This is a fast tracking programme that will form part of all occupational learning programmes.
- The FLC is a part qualification and consists of two learning areas: Communications in English and Mathematical Literacy.
- The FLC provides the minimum competence required of learners to enter occupational learning at NQF Levels 2-4.
The National Qualifications Framework (NQF) is a framework on which standards and qualifications, agreed to by education and training stakeholders throughout the country, are registered.
The NQF is a means for transforming education and training in South Africa. ( read more …
Where does FLC fit into the NQF?
The Triple E Training Process
Placement of Learners
- The learner/employee should be competent in ABET / AET Level 3 English and Mathematical Literacy before learners can commence with FLC.
- The Independent Examination Board (IEB) has developed placement assessments to assist all registered providers with the appropriate placement of learners. This assessment intends to assess learner knowledge in the learning area across a range of competence.
Preparation for Classes
- Classes are scheduled to suit the client’s shift/production requirement.
- We recommend classes to be scheduled for at least 8 hours a week in 4 hour sessions if possible, however our team will discuss your company’s individual class scheduling needs.
- A learning area (subject) is an estimated 200 hours.
Delivery of Training
- Training is face-to-face, classroom based for the most effective, individualised learning experience.
- Learning guides, assessment guides and fully equipped passionate facilitators are provided at each site for you.
- The venues for classes need minimal equipment
- Final assessments are your choice and depend on the learner’s career path.
- Each learning area has an external assessment through the IEB.
- The final assessment in each learning area consists of 60 questions in a multiple-choice format.
- Each external assessment is 2.5 hours in length.
- The two subject areas of Foundational Learning Competence in Communications and Foundational Learning Competence in Mathematical Literacy are assessed separately.
On-going through-out the project
- Continuous management from your specifically assigned Project Manager
- Monthly Reporting : Attendance Register & Progress Report
- Facilitators and sites are visited by Project Managers and quality assured Quality Assurance of each learning site and event Learning sites are visited by our Project Managers and quality assurors frequently
The following items are included in our costing
- Travelling of Project manager, Sales Executive and Facilitators.
- Initial presentation and quotation.
- Standard monthly reports.
- Facilitator requirement cost.
- Dedicated project management support.
- Delivery cost of material.
- Monthly facilitation.
- Learner material.
- Final assessment fee.
- Awareness / motivation campaigns.
- Quality assurance visits.
- Placement assessment reports.
- Additional requests will be discussed and quoted accordingly.
Consider this when comparing a Triple E Training quotation with other proposals. With Triple E Training, there are no hidden costs.
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
We are flexible in accommodating your company needs with a service level agreement but do not insist on one and will give you 30 day notice option.
Contact us to discuss training requirements for a formal quotation.